15 Mar Covid-19 update
UPDATE: SEE COVID-19 Response Article
Irish Manufacturing Research (IMR) is fully supportive of the Government’s efforts to effectively address and limit the spread of COVID-19 and to safeguard the protection of public health and that of our staff and network. The spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) is an unprecedented global pandemic that IMR is reviewing on a daily basis.
The Government has extended closures for all schools and higher education institutions until 19 April.
IMR staff are working remotely to the maximum extent possible during this period, in line with Government advice issued. Services (including critical research infrastructure) will be maintained.
IMR is taking the following measures:
- Closely following advice from Government, HSE and HPSC
- Asking all employees who are pregnant or with underlying health issues to follow Government guidelines and advice regarding self-isolation
- Actively encouraging the use of digital communications such as video conferencing or online meetings
- Cancellation of all non-essential business travel and attendance at external events with an emphasis placed on finding alternative solutions which still enable us to continue with our daily business
- All IMR Events have been postponed
- Enabling employees with the capability to work remotely
- Regular communication with employees, and members
Please be assured that the IMR is doing everything within our power to continue to operate with minimum disruption to service and currently remains fully operational. We would remind our network that the HSE website www.hse.ie is the authoritative source of information and advice on the situation regarding COVID-19 in Ireland.