29 May Congratulations to STAR Proposal
Two Irish companies join forces to secure €228k from the H2020 DIH² agile production acceleration programme, supported by IMR
DIH², the European Union-funded initiative to accelerate factories through agile manufacturing and robotics, has selected 11 consortia from 96 submitted proposals to the first DIH² open call.
IMR is proud to announce that the Malone Engineering & Ventac consortium has been successful for their Stitching and Taping assisted by Robotics (STAR) proposal to enter the acceleration programme and will receive up to €248,000 equity-free funding in the coming months as they experiment.
For IMR, the STAR journey began with the Robot Day in Mullingar, the Christmas Collaboration & Coffee Brokerage event in Rathcoole, plus a series of 1-to-1 funding clinics and writing sprints to get the bid just right.
The STAR project will seek to advance the deployment and use of robotics by focussing on the acoustic panel taping and stitching activities. Integral to the success of this project will be the FIWARE platform and the mentoring provided by the DIH2 project.
Overall, the first open call proposals offer innovative solutions and ideas in fields such as food processing; automotive and aerospace manufacturing; production of metal, rubber or plastic parts; craft, bespoke and electronics.
The 11 selected finalists are:
- STAR - Stitching & Taping Assisted by Robotics (Ireland).
- FIREFIT - Fiware Ready Quality Control for Packaging Systems in the Food IndusTry (Portugal).
- RoboWeldAR - Cognitive robotic welding solution for enabling Shipbuilding 2.0 (Greece).
- JS 2 SS - From Job Shop towards Smart Factory in stone processing industry (Belgium).
- SMB - Development of SmartMachine Base (SMB): a modular production line for automated production (The Netherlands).
- FEATS - Fiware-Enabled Autonomous Transport System (Portugal).
- A2CS - Agile and Adaptable Cobotic System (Finland).
- CONTRA 2.0 - A system supporting manufacturing and warehousing processes in the company (Poland).
- HWFlexCell - High Flexible Welding Cell (Denmark).
- Agilplas - Agile plastic moulding (Spain).
- W2 - Work-Whisper (Belgium).
MORE ABOUT DIH²
The DIH² project is funded by Horizon 2020 -the European Union research and innovation programme tasked with bringing great ideas from lab to market. The programme is at the heart of the Europe 2020 strategy which aims to achieve smart, sustainable and inclusive economic growth for the future of Europe.
The DIH² vision is to build a sustainable pan-European network to facilitate and accelerate the knowledge and technology exchange among robotics Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs). The DIHs will facilitate the uptake of the latest robotic technologies across the European Union in the field of agile production.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824964.